- New ESI Registration of ESI- Obtaining the ESI Code
- Registration of existing employees in ESI
- Registration of new employees in ESI joining during the month (continuous process in every month)
- Updation of exit of resigning employees in ESI
- Employee wages/salary uploading and challan preparation for final remittance of ESI
- Providing e-pehchan card
- Advising on proper keeping of records for inspection purpose
- Advice on esi related matters and other support
What Is ESI Scheme?
Employees’ State Insurance is a self-financing social security and health insurance scheme only for Indian workers. It is an extensive Social Security plan designed to achieve the task of socially protecting the ’employees’ in the organized sector against the circumstance of sickness, maternity, disablement and death due to employment injury and to provide medical care to the insured employees and their eligible families.
Who Are Eligible For ESI?
The ESI scheme is applicable to an individual who is employed in a non-seasonal factory that has more than 10 employees. This criteria applies as per under Section 2 (12) of the Act.Latest monthly wage/salary limit of an employee is set Rs.21, 000/- to come under the coverage of the ESI scheme.
ESIC Coverage: Applicability
Under Section 2(12), the ESI Act is applicable to all non-seasonal factories employing ten or more person. The State Government has extended the coverage under Section 1(5) of the Act to Shops, Hotels, Restaurants, Cinema including preview theatres, Road-motor transport undertakings, Newspaper establishments, Private Medical Institutions, Educational Institutions and to contract and casual employees of Municipal Corporation/Municipal Bodies employing ten or more persons in the certain States/Union territories, where State Government is the appropriate Government.
The Central Government has extended the coverage under Section 1(5) to Shops, Hotels, Restaurants, Road Motor Transport establishments, Cinema including preview theatres, Newspaper establishments, establishment engaged in Insurance Business, Non-Banking Financial Companies, Port Trust, Airport Authorities, Warehousing establishments employing twenty or more Persons, where Central Govt. is the appropriate Govt. The existing wage limit for coverage under the Act effective from 01.01.2017 is Rs.21,000/- per month (Rs.25,000/- per month in the case of Person with Disability).
- Employer- 3.25% of esi wages
- Employee-0.75% of esi wages